Checklist for Applicants
Are you interested in applying to a Clean Sky Call?
You can find FAQs and helpful tips below. (FAQs on calls and participation opportunities)
Are there topics for me out there?
A Clean Sky Call for Proposals (CfP) contains multiple topics focusing on different areas of interest.
- Read the topic description carefully, taking note of scope, content of work required, value and timing
- Is it compatible and consistent with your internal strategy and business plan?
- Do you have the necessary resources to implement the project?
- Are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) requirements compatible with your corporate policy?
- Is a particular topic unclear? Send a request for clarification – we have a special email inbox for each Call: firstname.lastname@example.org
Towards a winning proposal:
Do I need to create a consortium to apply to a Call?
It is not necessary to form a consortium - applying as a single entity is possible under Clean Sky rules. However, if you do decide to form a consortium, you can find a list of partners here.
Do I need support in preparing the proposal?
- Check availability of specific supporting agencies
- Read the Guidelines and Rules for participation carefully
- Get the PIC (Participant Identification Code) for all participants, if not available already
- Clarify the IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) requirements in the proposal
- Clarify your approach for risk management of the project
Check the eligibility and admissibility of the applicant and of any proposed member of your consortium against the eligibility and admissibility conditions set out in the General Annexes of the Work Plan.
Send your Proposal (Part A and Part B) on time: avoid last day submission!
Have you been selected? Complete the necessary admin stuff…
- Upon receipt of the information letter by the JU, contact the Project Officer (PO) and the Topic Manager (TM) for next steps
- Ask your financial and legal units to produce the required documents
- Contact members of your consortium and finalise the internal Consortium Agreement
- Participate in the Negotiation Kick-off Meeting organised by the Clean Sky Joint Undertaking (CSJU)
- Submit the required information and forms, using the appropriate tools
- Define and agree with the PO the content of work, and finalise project content and timing (starting date, reporting periods and deliverables)
- Interact with the TM where needed and keep them informed!
- Finalise the Implementation Agreement (IA) with the TM based on the model IA published with the call or on any ITD/IADP customised version provided by the TM, or (where applicable) agree with the TM the accession to the ITD/IADP level Consortium Agreement
- Finalise in SYGMA (application software) the grant preparation stages with the PO as soon as possible and sign the Grant Agreement for Partners
- Arrange a kick-off meeting for your project with the PO
- Deliver as planned; inform the PO of any problems, delays and issues
- Participate in the Info Days organised by the CSJU
- Submit technical and financial reports regularly: payments will not be executed by the CSJU in the absence of timely submission and approval by the CSJU
...and complete successfully
- Produce the final report
- Produce a publishable summary of the project results
- Provide all financial statements required, including the final audit certificate