Facts and figures
Clean Sky’s roadmap to climate-neutral aviation: new infographic!
Want to learn more about Clean Sky? Take a look at our brand-new infographic, which outlines our roadmap to climate-neutral aviation as part of the EU’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme. Discover:
- our ambitious environmental targets
- our wide ecosystem of participants
- our key demonstrators for greener aviation!
This independent study on the potential of hydrogen to power aviation was jointly commissioned by Clean Sky JU and Fuel Cell and Hydrogen JU. The contractor who performed the study was McKinsey & Company.
- Hydrogen could reduce climate impact by 50-90%
- Hydrogen could play a central role in a future mix of aircraft and propulsion technologies
- Hydrogen could feasibly power aircraft with entry into service by 2035 for short-range aircraft
- It would cost less than €18 extra per person on a short-range flight
By the end of 2019, more than 45 projects with a budget of around €50 million were leveraged through the MoUs. In addition, the 18th Memorandum of Understanding was signed with the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region in France.